Save energy this summer. It’s easy to keep your house cool without air conditioning.
1. Shade the windows to prevent direct sunlight from entering.
2. Open windows early in the morning to allow cool morning air in. Close them before the heat of the day and open again in evening.
3. Internal heat. In our homes are devices that emit heat. These are electrical equipment and lighting. Beware of where the heat comes from. If you do not need at the moment a device, disable it. Replace incandescent light bulbs with energy-efficient. They give the same amount of light, but consume much less energy, and thus, produce less heat.
4. Another easy way to cool your home without air conditioning is to place a bowl of ice or a frozen milk jug in front of one or more fans.
5. The best recommendation for keeping your house cool,. is insulation. The more, the better. Will keep your house warm in cooler temperatures and cool in warmer ones.