Itchy skin is very annoying, and the constant scratching can lead to infection. Read these tips and you will learn how to soothe itchy skin home remedies.
1. Itching of the skin is very frustrating and annoying. It is important to avoid scratching itchy skin, otherwise it can lead to the development of infection. A hot bath and shower only worsen the symptoms. Bathing in lukewarm water to help you cool the skin and reduce itching. Lie down in the tub and fill it with very warm or lukewarm water.
2. There are many natural ingredients that can be added to lukewarm bath to relieve the itching of the skin and help it heal. You can add ingredients individually, or combine several at a time. Milk has soothing properties and it contains amino acids are beneficial for itchy skin. Bath, you can add one can of condensed milk, and then bathe for at least 20 minutes. You can also combine the condensed milk with 2 cups of oatmeal and add them to the bath or each of these components applied separately.
3. If you are not handy condensed milk or oatmeal, add lukewarm bath baking soda or cornstarch. It will bring immediate relief. Prepare about 1/2 cup of baking soda or cornstarch and pour into the tub filled with lukewarm water. Enter the bath and bathe for at least 20 minutes.
4. After a bath, flush the body of a cool shower. Make sure the water is not too hot. Otherwise, the skin starts to itch again. Do not scrub your body, gently rinse them lukewarm or cool water.
5. After cooling, itchy skin should disappear completely. Get out of the tub and wait until the skin automatically dry air or dry it gently applying a towel. If you have sensitive skin, choose a towel laundered without the use of strong detergents and make sure that you are not allergic to applied powder or liquid softener. Never rub the skin vigorously after a bath.