These red bumps are irritating and cause severe itching. Prickly heat can usually be found in folds of skin, or in on neck, chest or shoulders. Home Remedies for Prickly Heat:
1. Try to avoid scratching, for this may introduce germs into the deeper layers of the skin.
2. Prickly heat needs to be cured internally too. That is why I advise you to drink lime juice at least three glasses per day
3. Apply watermelon pulp on the prickly heat to heal them.
4. Mint tea will lower body temperature and speed up healing of prickly heat.
5. Cucumbers are another source of water for body and coolness. Directly apply to affected skin, or eat it.
6. Drink plenty of water during hot weather.
7. Keep the skin clean and avoid the use of harsh soaps.
8. Make a compress by dipping a washcloth in a mixture of one teaspoon of baking soda per cup of cool water. Apply to the rash for five to ten minutes. Do this four or five times a day.
9. Avoid sweating by staying in a cool environment.
10. Honey is a great source for speeding up the healing process. Apply it over effected area.